Ms Kean contacted me through a friend and we discussed the sudden presence of the Harriet Rosenstein Sylvia Plath archive which I blogged about on 10 March and its disappearance by 18 March. However, Ms Kean uncovered that the archive was removed because of a pending legal concern.
Kean's article was instantly picked up by a number of other news sources, and some of the facts from it were even more quickly transformed into complete untruth.
The following are articles, listed in no particular order, that I have found on it in varying degrees of veracity. If any new articles appear they will be listed below.
- Danuta Kean, "Unseen Sylvia Plath letters claim domestic abuse by Ted Hughes". The Guardian.
- Sarah Churchwell, "Sylvia Plath, a voice that can't be silenced" The Guardian.
- Roisin O'Connor, "Sylvia Plath letters set to be published this year claim domestic abuse by Ted Hughes". The Independent.
- "Sylvia Plath letters reveal abuse by Ted Hughes". The Irish Times.
- Anita Singh, "Sylvia Plath claimed Ted Hughes 'beat her up' two days before she lost her baby". The Telegraph.
- Adam Sherwin, "Sylvia Plath letters claim Ted Hughes ‘beat her days before miscarriage". iNews.
- Jack Malven, "Hughes beat Plath before miscarriage, letters reveal". The Times (subscription)
- James Tozer, "How pregnant Sylvia Plath was beaten by Ted Hughes two days before she miscarried their second child, her lost letters reveal". The Daily Mail.
- Maya Palit, "Newly Discovered Letters from Sylvia Plath Reveal Terrifying Things Ted Hughes Did To Her". The Ladies Finger.
- Anita Singh, "Ted Hughes' widow says Sylvia Plath claims of domestic violence are 'as absurd as they are shocking'". The Telegraph.
- "Sylvia Plath claims 'absurd', says Ted Hughes' widow". BBC.
- Ella Risbridger, "The letters Sylvia Plath wrote to her therapist are not ours to see". The Pool.
- Chris Elliot. "Claims that Ted Hughes beat up Sylvia Plath before she miscarried rejected by ex-Poet Laureate's estate". Cambridge News.
- Liam Taft, "New letters from Sylvia Plath reveal the extent of Ted Hughes’s abuse". The National Student.
- Claire Fallon, "Sylvia Plath Alleged Abuse By Ted Hughes In Unpublished Letters". The Huffington Post.
- Rafia Zakaria, "Sylvia Plath's letters probably won't harm Ted Hughes's reputation". The Guardian Blog.
- Eilis O'Hanlon, "A sputtering backlash may be fun, but it means nothing". The Irish Independent.
- Claire Nally, "Sylvia Plath: just because she wrote about her life doesn’t mean it’s public property". The Conversation.
All links accessed 11 and 12, 16 April 2017.